Jenny and Elena are back home tonight, asleep in their own beds. I have a few more things to take care of here, but I get to join them tomorrow evening. We’ve had an extremely pleasant trip, especially because of all the quality time with family and friends. Thanks to all for sharing your time with us!
We learned some things about Elena on the trip. Among the insights:
- Elena loves swimming, which she got to do in the hotel pool. I tried to teach her how to blow bubbles, but she just wanted to drink the water. She’ll have a good time at her upcoming swim lessons.
- She wants to walk up and down stairs, like a big girl. When I hold her hand, she can make it up several stairs but eventually needs a rest. Going down will take a lot more work.
- Elena had no problem sleeping in a pack-n-play in our hotel room. We rigged a sheet to shield her, and were even able to turn the TV on after putting her to bed.
- This little baby loves the dirt. She got to assist as grandpa directed a crew of aunts and uncles putting in the vegetable garden. After some close calls with metal garden implements, she switched to a plastic shovel.
- According to Jenny, Elena waved “goodbye” and “hello” to the airports as the planes took off and landed today. It seems that she’s getting the hang of air travel.
There’s much more to tell, but I don’t have time to write about it now. You can guess some of the story by clicking on the pictures to the left, or going directly to my flickr stream.